"The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath"
Mark 2 v 27
Since 1831, the Lord's Day Observance Society has been working to preserve the sanctity and benefit of the Lord's Day in our increasingly commercialised and secular society.
Our starting point is and always has been the Divine Authority and perpetual obligation of the Christian Sabbath or Lord's Day, and that in asserting that obligation, the gospel of the Grace of God through Christ Jesus should be proclaimed.
Basis of Faith and Constitution
- Belief that we should make every effort to proclaim the Gospel of the grace of God through Christ Jesus.
- Belief in the whole Bible consisting of the 39 books of the Old Testament and the 27 books of the New Testament as the inspired and inerrant Word of God, being Godís complete authoritative revelation in all matters of doctrine and practice.
- Belief that all are sinners and come short of the glory of God and in the necessity of the new birth by the Holy Spirit in order to become children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
- Day One exists to uphold and proclaim the Lordís Day as:
A creation ordinance
A command of God
A celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
A day of rest and worship for the glory of God and the benefit of man.
- Belief in the essential Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His incarnation and virgin birth, the truth of all His words, His all sufficient atoning substitutionary death and bodily resurrection, ascension and coming again.
We seek to do this through preaching, publications and parliamentary action.
We seek at the same time to proclaim the Gospel and to promote righteousness.